October 23, 2015

Birds


When I was a kid, there weren't many horror movies compared to today and they were pretty harmless by comparison. But I'll never forget one that really scared me and gave my sister nightmares--it was The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock.

So I made this tag for Simon's Monday blog challenge where this week's theme is Monster Mash. I used Distress inks and two stamps by Tim Holtz (the large bird and filmstrip) and one by Penny Black (Winter Ledge). The house was an image transfer of the school building from the movie and I hand-lettered the text.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is fabulous! The details couldn't be more perfect from the schoolhouse to the filmstrip to, of course, the bird. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! Beautiful tag! I still watch large groups of birds with consternation when there are too many of them grouped together! Happy that you find time to play along with us every week and enjoy what you design every time in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is fantastic! Love the great stamping. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being very scared of that movie too as a child, sometime when it showed on TV. This is a stunning tag and very spooky! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super tag - well done on being one of the five projects in the Designer Spotlight over on Simon Says Stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag! Love how your inspiration came from a Hitchcock film ! Congrats on Your designer spotlight win at SSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulations on your well deserved top 5 Spotlight on SSS! this is awesome as, as your most recent posts! I love how you create! I've become your latest follower!

    ReplyDelete